Thursday, October 7, 2010

Who are you?

Hey, there, people who I hope are reading this! I know I may seem sort of antisocial in real life (as you can probably tell by that face I'm making in the picture on the right), but I do like people. They just make me tired in person sometimes.

My name is Steph, and I'm a twenty-one year old college senior with Asperger's syndrome. I've realized recently that I'm in a pretty good position to help out other people like me. There are a lot of kids growing up on the autism spectrum and I want to help them realize that they can do anything they want to do, so I decided to start this blog! Basically, what I'm going to do is illustrate my life with Asperger's and share my experiences with all of you so you can see how I'm getting by and what my life is like as a young adult with the syndrome!

As you can probably tell by how I'm dressed in my first drawing, my 'special interest' is in baseball. I currently want to be a baseball historian, and I love the Red Sox and Mets and have a budding investment in the Orioles since they're the closest Major League team to my college. As I write this, actually, I'm watching the Rangers and the Rays playing in the ALDS at the Trop. Since I'm blessed with Asperger's, I'm sort of a walking baseball encyclopedia, and once I learn something about the game I don't forget it. My obsession with baseball occasionally confuses and frustrates other people trying to talk to me, which I'll definitely discuss on this blog at some point at length.

My other passions are writing and drawing (as this blog's existence is proof of), history (specifically military history and, of course, baseball history), manga/anime, driving my car, reading, and my four cats, Mittens, Gimli, Tony and Murphy. You'll get to know all of my cats soon enough on this blog, as I talk about them a lot - they're some of my best friends. I also have a great family and some really supportive friends, and they're what keep me going!

So I hope you enjoy this blog - my goal is to show you that we kids on the autism spectrum can do anything! I believe in all of you, and I hope you believe in yourselves, too!

2 comments:

  1. Awww your first blog post! Hi 21 year old Steph :)
    AND HOLY FUDGE you had four cats? Do you still have all of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I wrote this almost 6 years ago already! It's crazy!

      All four cats are indeed still alive! Mittens and Gimli turn 14 this year, though, so they've gotten up there. Tony turns 10, and Murphy had his 7th birthday in March.

      Delete