Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'm back!

I've had a very busy past couple of months. It really all comes down to the fact that we've adopted two Old English sheepdogs and I'm playing mom to them whilst volunteering at my godfather's library helping to transcribe documents in the local history room. It's given me a sense of purpose again, which has really helped my morale out a lot. I've also applied for a big girl job - keep your fingers crossed - and I sold some of my art at New York Comic Con. It's been some solid progress for me, I think. I'm working on getting the hang of this 'adult' thing.

(In the top left corner there is Louise with my mom as she graduates 'puppy first grade.' I'm just really in the mood to share some cute puppy photos with you all today. On the right is my brother with Barnaby.)

I'm actually doing group therapy now, as well. It's for social skills practice, and the other women in the group are helping me out a great deal. I'll do a post on that - without divulging any secrets since what happens in group stays in group - soon.

Right now, I just wanted everyone to know that I'm going to be updating this blog again. More cartoons will come soon, promise! I just really needed to take a little time to settle back in and get used to taking on some adult responsibilities.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely Fabulous!! I look forward to reading more. It sounds like there are some wonderful things happening (that you are making happen).

    Your dogs are adorable! We have an amazing labradoodle named Finnegan. He is such a buddy for our boy H. I did a post about Finn and H and included a great dog treat recipe. He really went nuts for the treats. You might like to try it:

    http://30daysofautism.wordpress.com/2011/09/11/building-relationships-tom-and-episodic-memory-lets-make-cookies-for-the-dog-2/

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally feel like I'm going in the right direction! It's so nice to know that I've got support on it, too. ♥

    ...oh my gosh, your dog is ADORABLE. My therapist has a labradoodle named Maggie that he's training to be a therapy dog. She's so perceptive! Ad those treats are PERFECT, especially for Barnaby - he's obsessed with peanut butter. It's how we have to give him his pills! (Louise prefers regular butter for some reason.)

    ReplyDelete