Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Quick update to prove I'm alive...

It's that time of the semester where everything starts to get really overwhelming and I just want to cry all the time.

I think once I get through the next week or so, things are going to slow down considerably for me, which is wonderful and which I sorely need. I'm doing my best to go ahead on readings in order to stay ahead of the curve with work, but things are getting crazy and I've noticed that I'm getting irritable, a sure sign that I'm under too much pressure at the moment.

My grandmother (who has caused many sensory overloads for me over the years) is now moving in with us, as well, which is going to make matters even more difficult - after the death of my grandfather, we determined that she wouldn't be able to take care of herself in the apartment they lived in and so she's going to be splitting time between our home in New Jersey and my aunt's home up in Rochester, NY. I'm not so sure how well I'll handle having her around all the time because she tends to overload my brain pretty quickly, but I'm going to do my best to be as helpful and kind as I can be. It's really awful when you lose your spouse of 59 years.

Basically, this is just a quick post to let everyone know I'm still here and that I'm just completely buried under work, both for grad school and for comics, at the moment. And my grandmother's moving in. And I have a part-time job. And...yeah.

Breathe, Steph, breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment